Friday, February 25, 2011

Craft Room Organization! and Bursting Your Bubble!

First I have to tell you that

has been featured!!!
Pretty exciting, huh?

Go and check it out...
who would have ever thought that I would be featured on a
blog about organizing...
not me...or anyone who knows me, really...HA!

So now that you have seen the one little area of my house that is organized,
it's time to burst your bubble!!

My Gift Wrap Cabinet is the
ONLY place that is organized in my house...
the room that surrounds that little cabinet...
TOTAL CHAOS!

So...I originally said I couldn't
Keep it THAT Real!
But here it is,
in all it's
Unorganized Glory...

well...it's unorganized
NIGHTMARE!!!

Oh my...
can you see that there are 3 chairs in all of that mess...
No wait...only two are visible...one is covered with a bag
full of trash!


I feel I need to add a disclaimer here:
This accumulated over the busy Christmas holiday season...
when my Husband was working out of state...
for a month and a half...
My mother came to stay with us and help out...
the only thing we did was nurse the sick...
all of us, for about 2 weeks straight...
felling sorry for my yet....
I know....quit making excuses...

This room, unfortunately turns into a dumping ground.
When Mom and Dad come to stay and we need to move
things out of their way...
they get put in the scrapbook room.

Christmas packages arriving by the UPS man...
get put in the scrapbook room.

Something that does not have a permanent home...
scrapbook room.

Do you see the pattern here.
If it doesn't have a home,
it gets dumped.
You will notice that a lot of things do not have a home...
therefore they are junking up my home...
that is getting on my nerves!


This room has become completely dysfunctional.
I can't scrapbook because the desktop and counter top
are covered up.
You can't walk across the floor because of all of the shipping boxes
that have just not made it out to the trash can.
(Why is that...oh wait, yeah...I'm LAZY)

But change is a comin'!
I have been working a little each day this week
on trying to get this space back under control.
Between laundry and every day life, I have not gotten very far.
You can see some of the counter tops again!


Unfortunately, I have a helper with me...
Today, he found the glitter...


So, there are still mountains to move before I can actually
get anything creative done in this space...
but what's the good of having a room that I can totally dedicate to
scrapbooks and not get a single page done!

Those green scrapbooks lined up on the desk above...
empty books to fill up with Austin's elementary stuff...
I have 1st grade almost complete...
he's about to finish 6th grade...
sheesh.

And Jackson....doesn't even have a SINGLE album done.
He will pull Austin's off the shelf and say
"Look at me...."
and I have to sadly tell him
"No.  That's Austin..."
GUILT

So.....Now that gas has shot up to $3.25 a gallon...
I can't afford to go anywhere,
so maybe I can get this room organized...
and get some scrapbooks done.

So...I'm off to clean out some more...
if you don't hear from me in a day or two,
come look for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment