Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tiny Little Flowers


I know that summer has just begun,
and I have a LOT of watering left to do...
but I am pleased as punch that my flowers
I planted in April are still alive!!

Here are the pots on the front porch...


BEFORE.....


and here they are today~


They are getting so big...
and they smell so good when you
open the door.


I have to constantly turn the pots cause they will grow out
towards the front of the porch.

And the little flowers are growing on the back porch too!!!


Impatiently waiting for the Impatient's to grow....


And here they are today!  I have two pots hanging...one
on each side of the back deck.



And my little Begonia's in the beginning...


Are blooming and blooming....
I think I need to add some more dirt to these pots.
They sit at the edge of the deck and get a lot water
when it rains so they are beginning to settle.


And here is the other pot on the opposite side of the deck.
Ignore the weeds peaking out of the pot and the
green nasty yucky stuff on the wood.
That is on my list of projects,
clean deck and stain it!
But since it is not even the first of June and
the high today is 95...that project may have to wait
for cooler days....



And I still can not remember what these plants are called...
but here they are before...


And today they are growing out of the pots!
These little flowers almost did not make it...
I was over watering them...
I know...sounds funny to hear me say
that I was over watering a plant...
since I usually underwater them.
I also told Scott that after the summer I think I need
him to drill some more drainage holes in the bottom
because I would find water just sitting on top of the dirt.
But I think I have the hang of it now...




My little container gardens are growing too!
I have lots of little cucumber vines growing...
and yes, I know I need to thin them out...
I was sceptical that I could grow anything from a seed,
so I just dumped the pack in the bucket...
I'll thin them out and hopefully have lots of cucumbers this summer!


And my little tomato plats are growing too...
These are not growing as fast as the others...
but they are coming right along.



Little tomatoes starting to grow...



This morning Jackson and I had to stake the tomato plants up...
they were falling over and growing through the deck railing....


This is my biggest tomato plant...
It's a grape tomato plant...
and there are lots of little grape tomatoes..
I'm so excited!!!




Lots of little tomatoes...
minus two that I knocked off today while I
was trying to steak them up...
the birds better not get any ideas
and start eating my little tomatoes
or there will be war with the birds...

So there are my little flowers,
alive and well...
maybe if I can keep all of these alive through the summer,
the boys will stop laughing at me and telling
me I have a black thumb...

maybe...

We'll have to wait and see...


1 comment:

  1. They look lovely, I love flowers near front doors, actually I love flowers full stop!

    ReplyDelete