Thursday, December 15, 2011

Pinteresting Christmas Decor



Have you been sucked into, I mean,
discovered Pinterest?

Oh Yeah,  I am totally obsessed!
I have even started a little notebook,
more like a three ring binder, for Scott!
When he asks me, "Have you got a project that I
can do for you?"  I can whip that bad boy out, show him photos,
and get him going!
My Christmas present is a book case for my scrapbook
room that was Pinterest inspired!

But, this holiday decorating season has soooo
much inspiration, that my decorating has not seemed to
stop!  I probably won't get finished until it's time to pack it all
away for next year...I guess that's the way it goes some times.
But I thought I would make not of a few ideas that
I liked so when it rolls around next year,
I'll be able to put them into place.


My first idea was for some outdoor decor...



I liked the idea of a more rustic look for the back porch.
These mason jar candle holders and the simple Pine Cones
in pots filled the bill.  I figure anything would look better than the
poor frozen to a crisp begonia's that were poking out the top of mine.



My sweet Mother picked up all of these Pine Cones
for me when she went to visit my brother during Thanksgiving.
Loaded them up in a large garbage bag and hauled them up
from South Alabama.  I think this is the first time, in a loooong
time that we have not had Pine Trees in our yard.  Leave it to me to
want to use them to decorate, when I don't have them anymore.



It was 72 degrees outside yesterday, so I took the opportunity to fill up
 the top of my pots.  I used some of the dried pine needles to try to
"fill in" the top of the pots,
 but I think Jackson and I may try to head out today and find a
cheap tree to take apart and use the fresh greenery to add some color.
I also need to grab a box of unbreakable ornaments to
pop in the top as well.



While Mom was at my brothers, she visited with his
soon-to-be Mother in Law.  They picked a few more small
pine cones from her yard and then she remembered the GIANT
ones she had in her garage.  She said she has had them for years,
and could not remember what she had planned to used them for.
So, she bagged them up and sent them home to me!

WOWZA!!  They are so big and pretty! 
Can you picture them with a lantern or maybe
those mason jar candles...a little fresh greenery stuffed around...

So many ideas...so addicting...

I found these ribbons tied to the top
of one of them, so it looks like she was on the
same track as me...




They are just so pretty...



So, now I am ready to head out and get the rest of the
stuff to finish my little project.  And I need to do it before the rain
sets in for the next couple of days! 




I tried to take a few more pictures of the front porch
in the evening and see if I could capture the lights twinkling.

I was also trying to NOT capture the
dead mums that are still in the pots.

                        


But never fear!  Another Pinterest idea
to save the day...
this one will have to wait until next year. though.
I think I am going to have to do a little
re-working of the front porch decor by next year.


I made my wreath a few years ago and the
sun. wind and rain have not been kind to it.
Since it faces South, it catches all of the weather.
and the glitter picks are starting to fade.



So, before next Christmas, I am going to need to
rework the wreath and garland.  I think the
garland needs more lights anyway,
and I might even change the colors up a bit.
May have to go with the inspiration photo and 
do Candy Cane colors...or a snowy blue and white...
or I may have to spend another 3 or 4 hours on Pinterest and 
find some more good ideas!






So...if you don't have a clue what I have been talking about,
go and check it out


More ideas for decorating, cooking, planning your wedding or special
event and generally any kind of idea you could ever dream of...

and then some, all stored in one place.

Grab you a cup of coffee and enjoy!
You're gonna be there for a while!


No comments:

Post a Comment