Tuesday, June 21, 2011

And The Project Goes On....




Sunday we were able to work on the deck
a little more...we are almost done.

The stairs are complete and the front face of the deck is done.
(sorry...forgot to take a picture of that...I'll do that when the
entire deck is done...)




Up and down both stairs...
those were a pain to stain!



(I just noticed we missed the side of one of the steps...
I'm sure there are a few more touch ups to hit as well)

And here is a picture of the one half that is finished.




Scott just keeps saying,
"It's Red"

I don't think he is really pleased with the color choice.
The stairs have lightened up in real life.
It's a little hard to get a good picture of it.
When I look at the photos, I think the same thing,
but in real life it doesn't seem quite so RED.

 


We stopped about half way across the top when
we ran out of time...and now they are giving rain
every day this week...
not so good for staining,
but good for us, we need it.




My little Hibiscus is blooming again.
I just can't figure this little flower out.
One day I think I have killed it for sure.
The leaves will be all dried out and faded looking
with not a bloom on it,
and then the next day the leave are shiny and green
and blooms all over.
I can't seem to find a happy medium.
I think at first I watered it too much.
then not enough...
maybe now I have figured out what is
just right...we'll see.




Five flowers this morning with about 7 more
ready to bloom in the next day or so.



My little tomatoes are enjoying the hot sunshine we have
had lately.  Me, not so much.
It has been HOT for June.
We have already had highs near 100
and we usually only have that much fun in August.
I think the weather man said the other day that
we were on a roll for highs above 95 for about 18 days straight.
Yeah...and Austin was at camp for those two weeks!


But cooler temps and rain are moving our way this week.
It will be a welcome change, but I'm ready to get this
deck staining done!

So that is what I have been up to,
What have you been up to?

I am going to link up to
Toni's
One Project at a Time Party...

Go and see what everyone has been up to!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment