Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year...New Goals

Every year brings a new attitude of change...
resolutions to loose weight, organize, read your bible in a year...
All things to make us better and this year I am going to
try my best to put into place ways to keep me on track!

I keep looking for ways to keep myself on some sort of schedule.
Scott is a list maker and a task master...
me, umm not so much.
He is always fussing at me to
make a list...
to take to the grocery store,
to Wal-Mart,
of things in general to do around the house...
so one of my goals is to start making lists!

The grocery list,
Wal-mart list,
Austin's activities
House projects to be done...
Writing it all down so I don't forget it...
and also hopefully to look back on and be able to say
"See what I got done today"
when he comes home and says...
"so what have you done today?"

One list I found was a way to keep things caught up around the house...
this is a biggie for me.
I wait until everything is in total disarray and then try to clean from
top to bottom.

So here is my resolution to house cleaning in 2011.
I read this schedule somewhere out in
blogland....but can't remember where I saw it.

Monday:  Menu and Market
I am going to try to get in the habit of planning out our meals
and buying what we need and not a lot of junk when
we are constantly running in to the store...

Tuesday:  Tubs, Toilets and Towels
Cleaning our bathrooms and getting caught up on all the
towels!  Up and down!  Whoever thought 5 bathrooms was a good idea...
never had to clean them!
Yikes!

Wednesday:  Wash
I am going to try to do a load a day and
then just use Wednesday as catch up.
Jackson still takes his bath in the
laundry room sink, so I am thinking a load while he plays!

Thursday:  Dust
I'll use this day for clutter pick up too...
gotta pick up to dust off!

Friday:  Floors
Dust, Vacuum, and Steam hard floors...then maybe
I'll only see the shine off my hardwoods...and
not Jackson's little footprints in the dust!

Hopefully this will keep me on track...
and things will not get out of control!

I am also going to go room by room and declutter and clean out...
Jackson still has shorts in the closet mixed in with his winter sweaters!

Another one of my goals this year is to be a better note writer.
We are so caught up in instant messaging, Facebook-ing, and emailing
that the art of a hand written note is almost lost!
But one night, at our group meeting at church,
Ray was talking to us
about how much a note means to someone who is sick. 
And also told us about
Elaine's mom getting notes from our friend Andy,
who passed away last year.
Andy was so good to send notes of encouragement to those
in our local congregation.  Andy did this all the time,
 but even after he got sick...
and knew he was dying...he continued to send notes
to people around him.
Ray challenged us to write more and do more...
if Andy could do it then surely we could too!

So today I sat down and wrote several notes...they are not
poetic by any means, but hopefully they will bring a smile to someones face.
I might add this to my Monday routine.

I haven't made a menu out for this week.
Scott is still gone, so there is not a need to cook a big
meal every night...we have been eating a lot of sandwiches
and left overs!
and Take out Pizza!!!

Austin heads back to School tomorrow!!!
Jackson is going to be sad to see him go...
but it is going to be good for us to get back to a schedule and a routine!!!

So that's about all for today...
nothing exciting going on...
just planning out goals for the year...
and getting ready to take on the world!!!
Well... just our little corner of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment