Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Is it Spring, Yet?


Today when I was waiting for Austin after school
I noticed that the buttercups around the 
Gazebo out front were popping up out of the ground!


Oh...can Spring be close by?
We do not seem like we have had much of a Winter.
It has not been too cold and no snow like we had last year.
This Winter has actually seemed more like Spring...
Tornadoes and all...that part I think I could have done without.
But the rain and clouds have hung around for weeks and today
is the first day of sunshine that we have seen in a while.

It was so nice to open the blinds and actually 
have light fill the rooms.
And I noticed last night at 5 o'clock, it was still light outside.
Sometimes it's the little things that can change your mood.

The boys were sick the end of last week
and with the weather, we have not been out and have not felt 
like doing anything...but today my thoughts have
changed to warm weather and longing for Summer...
Outdoors...grilling out...running through the grass without shoes!!!

With grilling out comes eating outside.
That gave me ideas for new and fun tablescapes.
And that gave me the idea to get a little crafty.

Have you seen these?

Carson The Original Rednek Wine Glass 16 Ounce 

The Original Redneck Wine Glass.
You can buy them 

pretty funny, huh?
Mom and I saw these on a recent trip to Bass Pro Shops.
I think it all started as a funny little idea and has now grown
into a booming business.  These bad boys sell online anywhere from 
$8 to $15 .
In the South you grow up drinking out of a Mason Jar.
So why not put a stem on it...
it's always more fun to drink from a glass with a stem, right?
Of course, we always thought it was fun to drink just from the jar!

So...I already had the jars and knew the little candle sticks
could be found at my local Dollar Tree...
The craft was on!


I gathered all of my things together.
Four Pint sized jars for our "wine glasses"
which will actually be used to sip sweet tea from
on hot Summer days.


I scuffed the top of the candle stick with some 
sand paper that I found in the garage 
and then cleaned them off with a little alcohol.
I wiped the bottom of the jars off as well and let them dry.



I put E6000 glue on the rim of the candle stick 
and then stuck them to the bottom of the jars.


I also had a package of these smaller jelly size jars,
so I figured that I would make us some "champagne" glasses as well.
But our will be used to hold fresh fruit or yummy 
homemade Ice Cream.


I did the same thing with the smaller jars and then
put some weight on them to make sure they stick.

Now, just add a little ribbon to dress them up and we are 
ready to go for summer...



OK, so maybe not the bow....
I can see my boys asking why I had to "girl" them up.
I am so out numbered in this house.


I pulled out a place mat that I had gotten on summer clearance
to see how they would look.
Now all they need are some sweet tea and homemade ice cream.
Bring on the summer!



3 comments:

  1. Hi Sandra,
    These are so cute! I have never seen these before. I use canning jars for all sorts of things but never on a stem. So glad you've shared.
    I've always been outnumbered too as I also had three boys. Hope you have a fabulous weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS~ I'm your newest follower. I hope you will stop by and say 'Hello.'

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Redneck wine glass"!!!!!!! That is hilarious!!!! I love it! I had never heard that expression! Makes sense, though...I would feel fancier drinking from a Mason jar with a stem!!! :-)

    How are the boys doing now? Better, I hope. Even though the weather has been exponentially nicer this winter, that nasty "whatever" has still been lurking. It's not fun being sick...especially when it's 75 degrees out! 75 degrees??? In January!??!?! Lucky!!!

    Thanks for stopping by ye olde blog! I have been up to my elbows with housework the last couple of days and haven't been on the computer as much as usual. We have to leave town again this weekend, so I'm trying to get a jump on it all. Hey...FYI:If you're thinking about buying any of the Cristal D'Arques "Longchamps" crystal like on my post, be advised that the company is either no longer in business or bankrupt or something like that. Not sure exactly. I just know that I heard something about it that I can't remember and that the stores have been allowing their supply to dwindle.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete