Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Work in Progress

I have dreams of one day being SUPER organized...
I realize that this may be a pipe dream but
 a girl's gotta have gaols, right?

This was my Mother's Day present that I picked out--
Yes, Scott thought I was nuts.
I wanted an old TV armoire to make into a Gift Wrap Cabinet!
Enter Scott's eye rolling here....
I had the idea but knew that I didn't want to spend $500 on a cabinet to just put some paint on it and put it in the scrapbook room~ and I knew Scott wouldn't go for that either!
I watched Craig's List for a few weeks and then there it was--
Even thought this is not going to be seen by anyone, I still wanted it to be pretty and loved the way this one arched at the top!  So I e-mailed the guy, batted my eyes at my wonderful husband and then we went to pick it up one day when it was suppose to rain!

My loving husband even wrapped it up in a tarp to make sure it didn't get too wet!
We looked like we were hauling around a coffin.




My plan was to paint it white, put some peg board on the back to hold all sorts of Curling ribbon and such
and then to have Scott make some "holders" on the sliding doors to hold a few rolls of wrapping paper.  
I am on the lookout for some cute baskets that I will put on the shelves underneath to hold bows and such.

I can't wait until it's finished!!!


Scott took out the shelf that the TV sat on and is going to put it back in for me on drawer slides so I can have a little table to pull out to put presents on while I'm wrapping them.  I also have a big table down in this room that I can use to wrap bigger boxes at Christmas and such.

My wonderful, awesome, handy and perfect husband has been painting it for me.  I did start painting it and then he started helping and I have stopped.  I need to get down there and help finish it so it can get out of his garage and he can get back to doing his projects instead of mine.

So the rest of my house may be an unorganized pile of mess,
but when I need to wrap a present~
it is all gonna be right here!!!

I am on the lookout for some neat little peg board organizers that I can store tape and such in --
Ahhh, when it's finished
all will be right in the gift wrapping world.
It's a step in the right direction!

1 comment: