Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Sailing Into Summer



It's official...
Summer Break has started
and we are 
SO EXCITED!!!

I thought I would set the table with a little
Red, White and Blue 
as we get ready to celebrate
Memorial Day
and the start of our summer fun!



I borrowed the sailboat from The boys bathroom.
It sits on their vanity for decor and 
Jackson has been telling me all week long to put it back.


Just grabbed some red and white flowers from the floral
department in our local Publix and filled in with
some clips off my ferns on the back porch.


I found the nautical rope place mats at a Dillard's Clearance Store.
I have to admit, I was like a woman on a mission in there.
Although they do organize (sort of) by department...
there is no organization on the shelves themselves.
The place mats were all stacked on top of each other on a shelf and you had
to dig from the top to the bottom to see if you could find a matching set.

It was a little like digging for gold...

and the many boxes of napkins...
Oh My...



With Memorial Day right around the corner,
I figured it was a perfect time to bring them out.


Red chargers and crisp white plates top
the navy and white place mats.


Red sail boat napkin rings from Old Time Pottery
topped off the setting...


Red Cambridge acrylic handled flatware make it a little more festive.


And after pressing the napkins, the table is set.
Will you come and join us?


A quick view from above


A close up of the edge of the charger and plate.
I like that the beading on the charger is repeated on the plate.


The chargers were from also from Old Time Pottery
back at Christmas time.


Clear stemware at each setting ready for some
sweet tea.


We hope you enjoy your Memorial Day
with family and friends as we kick off the start to summer, 
but most of all remembering those who have gone on
before us, fighting for our freedom

They Keep Us Free
by
Roger Robicheau

In time of need, their will is sure
American, their freedom pure

Protect our life and liberty
Unselfishly, the keep us free

Each soldier knows what is at stake
The risk is grave, there's no mistake

With pride they serve our country strong
They face each foe to come along

Remember them while in your home
Or, where you choose to freely roam

Don't take for granted what you see
Some left this life, so it could be

To God, I urge you all to pray
For soldiers brave to face each day

We should be thankful, one and all
For those who march to meet each call


Thank you so much for stopping by...
come again, anytime.

I am going to join in at
and

Have a wonderful weekend!

15 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute table! Those sailboat napkin rings are so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post.Enjoyed your summer tablescape.You can keep it up all summer,I know I would.Very nice.Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. So perfect! I love the sailboat as your centerpiece and all your red, white and blue! Love that red flatware.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Love the sailboat and napkin rings, love the red, white and blue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those placemats were worth digging for! They are great and look wonderful with this red, white and blue tablesetting. Your napkin rings are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this table and the nautical theme! The white dishes and napkins look so clean and crisp against the red and blue! Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful table and poem! Thanks for sharing, Sandra. I love red, white, and blue and a nautical theme. You've got it covered! Enjoy the holiday weekend and the summer months ahead. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this table. The pace mats were worth all the digging, they set the tone perfectly and then the napkins and napkin rings, just chime right in and all together they create a wonderful theme. Simple, but perfect in every way. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful poem and nautical theme! I love the place mats with the white dishes. Cute napkin rings too! I hope you put Jackson's sail boat back :-) That make me chuckle. xxoo Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great job you did pulling everything together. I would love to have your napkin rings! Thanks for adding the poem. Having recently seen the American cemetery at Normandy, it strikes a cord with me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Britnell steps up to the plate. She's got that determined look in her eye. Here comes the pitch. Swing! And it's a fly ball that is going, going, going....folks this one is going to go all...the...way! It's a homerun for Sandra Britnell's Sailing Into Summer tablescape!!!!!!!!!! Sandra, this is really cool! Tell Jackson to just take a chill pill for a moment and let Mommy bask in the glory of this beautiful table! :-) I appreciate your stick-to-it-tiveness in digging out those great placemats! Sometimes I have the patience for digging, sometimes I don't. It almost always pays off, though, doesn't it? Sure did this time for sure!!! I loe the little sailboat napkin rings, too. Didn't see them at the local OTP. They keep moving stuff around in that store. It's makin' me seasick!!! :-) I hope you and the fellas have a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic Table!!! Love the nautical theme tied into the Red, White and Blue for the holiday and most especially the napkin rings. They were a fantastic find.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice!! I really like what you put together here! Love the sailboat centerpiece and the placemats.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful nautical table. I adore those sailboat napkin rings!
    School here doesn t end till the last week of June, so we have a way to go!
    Beautiful poem, God bless those who died serving, we remember and are thankful for their sacrifice .
    I did a table in their honor today, stop by!
    Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, Sandra! I tried to email you a response to my "Pumpkins & Peacocks" post this week, but it bounced back to me. I always seem to have trouble with that for some reason. I copy and paste your email address in, so I'm not sure what's up. I guess our emails just don't like each other! :-) Anyway, here's what I said. I just didn't want your nice comment to go unacknowledged! "Peetocks! I love it!!!!!!!

    I wish you lived here or I lived there or that I could somehow open these classes up to the world. Seriously, Sandra...I LOVE teaching, and it's just something I want to do. I completely understand how the economy is keeping a lot of people from doing things they "want" to do these days, though, because they have to spend their money on "must haves." It'll all work out. Everything happens for a reason.

    Have a great night!!!!!!! Thanks for stopping in!
    Alycia"

    ReplyDelete