Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Welcome to Oahu


We flew into Honolulu on Tuesday, June 12.
We left Huntsville International around 6 am in the morning
and arrived around 2 o'clock in the afternoon Hawaii time.
Which meant we had to leave the house at 4 am to get to the airport
by 4:30 am and check in, go through security and get ready to go.
Hawaii is 5 hours behind us, time wise to when we landed at 2 pm,
we thought it was 7pm...which meant I was TIRED!
I know, quit whining...we were in HAWAII!!!

back to my story....

We had a quick flight from here to Houston and then
jumped on a big ol' jet plane and headed for 
Honolulu.  Jackson did great on the flight, which was a relief.
The thought of him on a plane for eight hours straight...
with no way off...no where to go,
made me VERY claustrophobic!
But he was a trooper...watched movies and played games
and then went to sit with his Aunt Leisa and slept until time to land.

I was so relieved and happy to be back on land

So, come see where we are staying...


While on Oahu we stayed in this awesome house.


I had a great salt water pool right out the back door
which we spent a lot of time swimming in.


The property was surrounded by amazing
flowers and greenery.


Beautiful ferns and


A beautiful hedge of bright orange Hibiscus...
We had a discussion about this little hedge.
Did you know that a hibiscus will close up in the evening and then open 
up again the next morning?
Well...I didn't!  I can't tell you how many little blooms
I pulled off of my little yellow Hibiscus last year...
anyway...back to my tour...



Palm trees and Leisa's favorite Plumeria tree right out the 
front door.


The back wall of the kitchen was a series of sliding doors
that would completely open to this amazing view!


The harbor was full of amazing boats and the
mountains wrapped around us on the right and the left.


The last picture is of Jackson hitting the pool...
clothes and all!

We spent the first day just getting settled...getting rental cars picked up
and grabbing a few groceries and grabbing a quick bite to eat.

Check back tomorrow when we will visit Pearl Harbor!


No comments:

Post a Comment